- Ring is either Solid 14K Yellow Gold, 14K White Gold, Or Sterling Silver
- This is an exclusive design of PicturesOnGold.com and cannot be found elsewhere.
- Top of the Small Ring measures Just over 1/3 Inches Wide x 1/2 Inches Tall and we feel is suitable for a woman but can be for a man as well.
- Top of the Large Ring measures approximately 1/2 Inch Wide by Just under 3/4 Inches Tall. Most men would select this size
- Saint Florian is a Christian saint, and the patron saint of Poland; Linz, Austria; chimney sweeps; and firefighters. His feast day is May 4. St. Florian is also the patron of Upper Austria, jointly with Saint Leopold. Florian lived in the time of the Roman emperors Diocletian and Maximian, and was commander of the imperial army in the roman province of Noricum. In addition to his military duties, he was also responsible for organizing firefighting brigades. The Roman regime sought to eradicate Christianity, and sent Aquilinus to persecute Christians. When Aquilinus ordered Florian to offer sacrifice to the pagan Roman gods in accordance with Roman religion, he refused, and cheerfully accepted the beatings of the soldiers, who used clubs, spikes and fire to torture him. He was executed by drowning in the Enns River with a stone tied around his neck. Later a woman named Valeria had a vision in which she saw him; Florian, in this vision, declared his intent to be buried in a more appropriate location. Saint Florian (b. 700) is reputed to have saved Nurnberg, Germany from burning in a great fire in the 8th century. It is not clear if he used the beer or the stored water from a brewery to extinguish the fire. Fires often happened at night, when people made fires for warmth. A nearby brewery would have been an obvious source of liquids, both water and beer, since water would have been drawn to settle out for the next day's brewing.