- Ring is either Solid 14K Yellow Gold, 14K White Gold, Or Sterling Silver
- This is an exclusive design of PicturesOnGold.com and cannot be found elsewhere.
- Top of the Small Ring measures Just over 1/3 Inches Wide x 1/2 Inches Tall and we feel is suitable for a woman but can be for a man as well.
- Top of the Large Ring measures approximately 1/2 Inch Wide by Just under 3/4 Inches Tall. Most men would select this size
- The Sacred Heart of Mary is a devotional name used by Roman Catholics and some Anglo-Catholics to refer to the physical heart of Mary, the mother of Jesus as a symbol of Mary's interior life, her joys and sorrows, her virtues and hidden perfections, and, above all, her virginal love for her God, her maternal love for her Son, Jesus, and her compassionate love for all people. The consideration of Mary's interior life and the beauties of her soul, without any thought of her physical heart, does not constitute the traditional devotion; still less does it consist in the consideration of the Heart of Mary merely as a part of her virginal body. In 1855 the Mass of the Most Pure Heart formally became a part of Catholic practice. The two elements are essential to the devotion, just as, according to Roman Catholic theology, soul and body are necessary to the constitution of man. Eastern Catholics generally do not utilize the image, devotion or theology associated with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, seeing it as a form of liturgical latinization. The Roman Catholic view is based on the Roman Catholic focus on Mariology, as exemplified by Pope John Paul II's Apostolic Letter Rosarium Virginis Mariae which builds on the total Marian devotion pioneered by Saint Louis de Montfort. Traditionally, the heart is pierced with seven wounds or swords, in homage to the seven dolors of Mary. Consequently, seven Hail Marys are said daily in honor of the devotion.